FRESH PREP KITCHEN
We believe our scholars deserve equal access to physical and mental well-being and academic success.
Fresh and healthy school meals help students achieve their full potential and provide opportunities to build and strengthen healthy relationships with one another.
The Patachou Foundation and CCP’s Fresh Prep partnership will provide a city-wide model that will transform, and ultimately reduce, Indianapolis’s racial gap in access to fresh, nutritious food. When students have greater access to healthy food and nutrition education, it empowers the entire family to make healthy choices, positively impacting their well-being for generations. Improving health outcomes for our scholars and their families on the Far Eastside will have a net positive impact on learning and long-term community empowerment.
Our Fresh Prep plan calls for:
- Designing a replicable, state-of-the-art food service model that can transform health and academic outcomes for students in the Far Eastside.
- Designing a Fresh Prep Food Lab, garden, and curriculum, where students and their families will explore locally sourced food, participate in live demo classes, and learn about nutrition and cooking, farm to table.
- Providing 25,000+ scratch meals for students and teachers annually (300 per day).
- Adding classrooms and meeting spaces for the community, small group instruction, and interventions.
- Creating living wage jobs and best-in-class job training by hiring parents and members of the community.